Whether it is for maintaining your privacy or not letting anyone know how many people have subscribed to your channel, whatever your reason is, hiding your YouTube subscribers can help you. But the question is, how to hide subscribers on YouTube? If you want to know this, then you are at the right place.
In this article, we will tell you the step-by-step process to hide your subscribers on YouTube. Along with this, you will also get to know if you should actually hide your subscribers or not and how you can increase your YouTube subscribers. So, without any further delay, let’s just dive in.
Can You Hide Subscribers on YouTube?
Well, here is a bad news for you. YouTube does not allow you to hide your subscribers anymore. Earlier, this feature was provided by YouTube, but in July 2022, YouTube deleted it. The main reason behind this was that many people were scamming the users and spreading fake information by hiding their number of subscribers.
The number of subcribers on your YouTube channel is the biggest anchor of your authenticity. And if you hide the number of subscribers, then the user would not be able to know if you are genuine or not. By keeping the number of subscribers visible, YouTube’s goal is to maintain transparency and authenticity on the platform.
However, if you want to hide the number of your subscribers, you can make your channel private. This way, only you and your subscribers would be able to see your number of subscribers and your YouTube videos. Moreover, if you want to keep it even more private, you can temporarily hide your channel. Now, no one other than you would be able to see your subscribers and videos. Other than this, you can also hide the list of channels that you have subscribed to and hide some particular individuals from your channel.
How to Hide Subscribers on YouTube Channel?
Now let’s come ot how to hide subscribers on YouTube. We just told you that now, YouTube does not allow you to hide the number of subscribers on your YouTube channel. However, you still have a few other options. Let’s have a look at them
1. How to Hide Your YouTube Channel Temporarily
Do you want to know how to hide subscribers on YouTube and hide your channel as well? Well, here is the step-by-step process for you.
- a) First of all, log in to your YouTube channel.
- b) Now click on the left panel and then select Settings.
- c) Now select the Channel option that you will see.
- d) After this, tap on the Advanced Settings tab that is available at the top of the panel.
- e) It is time to scroll down and select the Remove YouTube Content
- f) Here, you will see two options: I want to hide my Channel, and I want to permanently delete my content. You need to click on the I want to hide my channel
- g) Now, you will see some boxes with information related to your channel. Check all the options, click on them, and then finally tap on the Hide My Channel
2. How to Hide a Subscriber from Your YouTube Channel
If you are a content creator, then you must be aware of the scenarios where some of your YouTube subscribers come to your channel and post unnecessary comments on your videos. Well, now there is a way to deal with this. Now, you can hide the activities of such subscribers from your channel. This way, no one would be able to see what they are commenting until you approve it. Let’s see how to hide subscribers on YouTube.
- a) For this, first, you need to copy the channel URL of the person whom you want to hide on your channel.
- b) After this, you need to log in to your YouTube channel.
- c) Now go to the left panel and select the Settings
- d) Go to the Community option and click on it.
- e) Here, you will have to paste the URL of that person’s channel in the “Hidden Users” box. f) Now, you just need to click on the button, and your work is done.
3. Make Your Own Subscription List Private
Sometimes, you might not be interested in showing people the channels that you have subscribed to. YouTube has introduced a perfect fix for this. Now, you can hide the list of the channels that you have subscribed to. Let’s see how to do this.
- a) First of all, you will need to log in to your YouTube account.
- b) After this, go to the Settings.
- c) Now click on the Privacy
- d) You will see a toggle named Keep all my subscriptions private; turn it on. It is as simple as that.
Should You Hide Your Subscribers?
Now that you know how to hide subscribers on YouTube, you must be wondering if you should actually hide the subscribers or not. Well, it totally depends on the reason why you want to do it. There is no option to hide the subscribers; you can only temporarily hide your YouTube channel. This way, no one would be able to see the content of your channel, its subscribers, and the channels that you have subscribed to.
If you need a break from YouTube or want to rebrand your channel, then temporarily hiding your channel can be a good option for you. However, if you want to restrict any particular subscriber or do not want to let other people see the list of subscriptions, you can also go for those options.
Moreover, if you want to hide the subscriber number because you have less number of subscribers, then temporarily hiding your channel will not work for you. Instead, it is better to maintain your authenticity and work hard to get more subscribers.
Additional Tips: How to Increase YouTube Subscribers
After knowing how to hide subscriber count on YouTube, it is time to see how you can increase your YouTube subscribers. Make sure that you follow the tips and tricks given below.
1. Choose the Best Time to Post the Video
Do you know that you can get more views on your YouTube video if you post it at a specific time? Yes, you read it right. Depending on your niche, area, and day on which you are posting the video, you just need to find out the best time for YouTube video upload.
2. Use YouTube Monetization Strategies
There are various ways to earn money on YouTube, like sponsorship, collaborations, super chat, leverage channel memberships, running ads, etc. Do proper research and find out which way will work best for you. This way, you will not only be able to make good money on YouTube but also increase the number of subscribers rapidly.
3. Optimize Your YouTube Channel
Using SEO in the right way can help you rank your videos on YouTube’s search engine. It will recommend your video to more and more people. Your views and subscribers will increase. Using the right keywords in your channel’s bio and video description can change the entire game.
4. Stay Consistent
Last but not least, your subscribers will only increase if you stay consistent and upload videos regularly. As soon as a new user comes to your channel, they check when you uploaded the last video rather than the number of subscribers you have. If your channel seems dead, you will not be able to get new subscribers.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to hide subscribers in YouTube?
YouTube does not allow you to hide your subscribers anymore. Now, you just have three privacy options on YouTube:
- a) Temporarily hide your channel,
- b) Hide and restrict any particular subscriber on your channel, and
- c) Hide the list of channels that you have subscribed to.
Q2. Will hiding my YouTube subscribers affect my channel’s growth?
Now, YouTube does not allow you to hide the YouTube subscriber number. However, if you temporarily hide your channel, it will definitely degrade its growth.
Q3. Why can’t we hide subscribers on YouTube?
In July 2022, YouTube removed the feature of hiding your Subcribers. This was mainly done to increase the authenticity and transparency of the platform and save users from scams.
Q4. Can I hide my YouTube subscriber count temporarily?
No, YouTube no longer offers that feature. You can only temporarily hide your entire YouTube channel.
In this article, we told you about how to hide subscribers on YouTube. Along with this, also got tips on how to increase your YouTube subscribers. If you follow those tips, you will be able to achieve your dream. We hope this information was useful to you.